Since the last time I updated, a lot went down. Mostly bad, but some was good.
First, I moved to Maryland. It was that or freeload off my sister, and she's just as poor as I am. And since one of the options I was given was either find a place or go to dad's, I went to dad's. I wasn't, originally, because he was being a jerk about everything, but he later amended things and asked me to come here. It's nice to feel wanted, so I came.
I cried so hard, though, when I left from Evan's. I could barely see. I remember calling my mom, and she told me to pull over, but I knew if I did I would just turn around. I swore that day that my dad's wife will never see Evan again. And she never will.
It's not so much that I was leaving, per se. It was that it wasn't on my terms. One thing I've always wanted was to move on with things on my terms, and I wasn't given the chance to. And that, beyond anything else, is the reason I'm removing her from him. These are MY terms.
Right after I got here, my laptop went out. It's about a 2.5 hour drive in any direction to get it fixed, so it's still busted. I'm hoping to get it either fixed or gutted ASAP, because it just sitting there is pissing me off.
I got a string of nasty comments from my half-brother about how I was a smug little bitch. How's it look from that high horse, asshole? I told him if he had something to say to me, he could take this drama bullshit off Facebook and call me. Which, after more dirt was flung, he did, but I didn't answer immediately because I've been getting prank called. When he left a voicemail, I called him back, and he didn't answer. Big surprise.
Still haven't heard from him. Probably won't. Also not surprised.
Kind of surprised she's talking shit, though. I thought we were adults? Of all the things you accused me of, I haven't said shit to or about you. Who's the more mature one in this situation?
Whatever. My family is the family I choose. And they're not in it.
I removed all "family" from Facebook, except for dad and Amanda, and I don't foresee that changing any time soon.
Since I've been in Maryland, I've been looking for a job. I think I've applied to a hundred different places, and still not a word. I'm desperately in need of a job, I'm broke. The only money I have is going towards fixing my car and my computer, and I don't even have it yet. That financial aid check I was supposed to get in October? Just appeared last week in HER mailbox. So I'm waiting on HER to do the right thing and deposit it so I can get it. Not holding my breath on that one.
I also switched majors - and I'm loving it. Every second. It's so fun, and it's nice to be doing something I love again.
I'm planning on going to the next birthmom retreat, it's the weekend of my birthday. I'm hoping I got in, I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm really, really wanting to go. I need to be around people who know why this was such a betrayal to me.
After I go there, I'm planning on driving up to see Evan for a week, then back here. He'll be almost 10 months old by then. Wow, that's weird to think.
So, yeah. That's about it. There's nothing in my shop at the moment because everything I had or would use to make anything is in her house, and I can't get to it. Awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment