this could either be really good, or really bad.

on 22 December 2010
MTV has gotten kind of notorious for showing things people are uncomfortable with. I don't know why it's such a shock that they're covering this, too, it's only the natural course to do so. Hopefully, they're tasteful about it.

What am I talking about? I'm talking about this.

Frankly, and this may be really rude, I'm not surprised it was Markai. I thought that of all of them, she or Jenelle would be pregnant again before their babies turned a year. I'm also not surprised that she called MTV to have them film her decision. She's one of those girls that soaks up the notoriety she's gained from that show. And besides, the more episodes you do, the more money you make. Not shocked. At all.

Apparently, the "special" is about Markai's decision to have an abortion, or not to. Assuming by the fact she is not obviously pregnant, I'm going to assume she did indeed have one. I'm not judging her for that, I am extremely pro-choice, and if that was a choice she was alright with living with, then so be it. I'm judging her for calling up MTV and having them film it.

Yes, they have to call MTV for them to follow the girls around. They don't just perpetually follow these people around for months on end, that's absurd.

I'm interested in tuning in, I won't lie and say I'm not. I just hope they edit tastefully. I think it's a good idea to showcase all the options that are before you when you find out you're pregnant. I just worry about how well it's done. I mean, I know abortion isn't glamorous, but it is an option, regardless.

In the end, this is going to piss a lot of people off. It just remains to be seen which groups will be more angry than others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment