I honestly don't think that people think before they speak. I really don't. And because of this, I'd like to share some more positive adoption language with you. I did not make this list, but I agree with everything on it.
Birthparent---- Real parent
Biological parent ----Natural parent
Birth child---- Own child
My child---- Adopted child; Own child
Born to unmarried parents---- Illegitimate
Terminate parental rights -----Give up
Make an adoption plan----- Give away
To parent----- To keep
Waiting child -----Adoptable child; available child
Biological or birthfather------ Real father
Making contact with----- Reunion
Parent ------Adoptive parent
Intercountry adoption ------Foreign adoption
Adoption triad ------Adoption triangle
Permission to sign a release----- Disclosure
Search------ Track down parents
Child placed for adoption----- An unwanted child
Court termination------ Child taken away
Child with special needs ------Handicapped child
Child from abroad -------Foreign child
Was adopted---- Is adopted
This may seem like something silly to make a whole blog post about, but it's important to me. And since this is my blog, I'm going to blog about things that matter to me. It's only fair, right? Also, kind of the purpose. lol.
So next time you open your mouth, don't just spew things. Think before you speak.
0 comments:
Post a Comment